Interdimensional Headquarters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interdimensional Headquarters

A realm between worlds where all beings can commingle.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What books do you read?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rosalyn
Admin
Admin
Rosalyn

What books do you read? Empty
PostSubject: What books do you read?   What books do you read? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:22 am

Some people just LOVE to read. They don't care what kind of book gets shoved their way. Other people have certain preferences for their reading material, and still others see it as a necessary evil inflicted upon us by society. Whatever kind of reader you may be, you are welcome here. This will be a thread to share and discuss all the books we love. If a book is too popular I may start a separate topic dedicated to it alone. Just a friendly reminder though, don't needlessly flame someone if they like a book you hate or vice virsa. And no one should try to force people to read something they don't want to.

I'll start by listing some of my favorite book series.

House of Night: OH. MY. GAWD. You haven't read a vampire series until you've read these books. The story follows Zoey Redbird, a teenager turned Vampyre fledgeling who's struggling to fit in at her new school....vampyre finishing school that is. Not only is fitting in made more difficult by the fact that if her body rejects the change she dies, she's also been Marked as special by the Goddess Nyx. Add in a corrupt High Priestess and a Fallen Angel badguy duo, and you start to see the truth behind my favorite quote from the series. "Darkness does not always bring evil just as Light does not always bring good."

The Kane Chronicals: This is a new series I've recently picked up. It starts with a bang...literally, as the narrator's father blows up a museum. It's a story chock full of Egyptian mythology, with the narrator and his sister left to wrangle the chaos caused by the Egyptian Gods waking into the modern world. And underlying it all is the mystery of just why their mother disappeared six years ago....

Maximum Ride: Take a human embryo, put it in a test tube, add 2% bird DNA, and what do you get? Well, multiply it by 6, and you have the flock. Max and her bird-kid friends. This action packed series reads like a videogame in text format almost....with plot twists around every corner and the hilarious attitude commentary of Max as the narrator makes this a series well worth reading. She fills it with humor, attitude, and drama (the good kind) all at once. "You're kidding right? Please tell me you have a stronger motive for me than 'fair is fair.' Life isn't fair, Dean. Nothing is fair, ever. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I need to help you because fair is fair? Try 'I need you to help me so I don't rip out your spine and beat you with it.' I might respond to that. Maybe."

Erec Rex: This series feels like it could well be the next Harry Potter. A boy named Erec sets off to find his missing foster mom, only to learn his birthplace is one of the few sanctuaries where magic still lives on Earth. He gets caught up in a contest to determine who will be the next rulers of the 3 magical kingdoms....and wins. But the power he will gain threatens to destroy him. And the guy with 1000s of eyes all over his body, Baskania, wants to put 3 corrupt boys on the thrones so he can force them to give the kingdoms' power to his own greedy purposes. So despite the power threatening to destroy him, Erec has to find the missing royal triplets, become king to thwart the Stain brothers and Baskania, and solve the nagging mysteries about his own past that keep croping up. (Lots was revealed in the 3rd book but I'm not giving out any spoilers.) Oh. And Erec has a very special eye. He's got a dragon eye in his head. While the true signifigance of this remains unknown, it's still very cool.
Back to top Go down
http://hedgehogshaven.forumotion.net/

What books do you read?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Interdimensional Headquarters :: Generalization :: General Discussion-
Jump to: